Youngstown, Ohio (WKBN) – The Mahoning County Mental Health and Recovery Council honored the recipients of this year’s Mental Health and Recovery Award at a special ceremony Friday.
This year’s winners included people and organizations from across the valley who strive to meet the mental health and recovery needs of residents of Mahoning County.
The 2021 winners are:
● CIT Officer of the Year, Lt. Salvatore Pascarella of the Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office
● Program of the Year, Coordination of Mahoning County Family and Child Counseling Services
● Crisis Incident Stress Management Award, Lieutenant Tom Collins of the Austintown Police Department
● Frontline Staff of the Year (VanGuard Award), Help Network of Northeast Ohio Suicide Crisis Hotline
● Support Staff of the Year (Pillar Award), Lucia Lovell of the Mahoning County Estates Court
● Leadership Award, Pastor Michael H. Harrison, Sr., Union Baptist Church
● Lawyer Award, Ellen Taylor of Compass Family & Community Services
“It is an honor for the board to meet each year and recognize the contributions of these individuals and organizations to the health and well-being of our community. Throughout this pandemic, we have seen a dramatic increase in the need for mental health and recovery services in our community, which makes the work they do even more important, ”said Duane Piccirilli, Executive Director of Mahoning County Mental Health and Recovery. Plank.